Collingwood Christmas & Winter Holiday Events
November 18th – Christmas Starts in Collingwood!
There are only a few towns left in Ontario that celebrate the start of Christmas the small-town, old-fashioned way. Here in Collingwood that simple way to celebrate the start of Christmas lives on.
Christmas Magic on Simcoe Street
Dancers, clowns, a Healthy Treats Workshop for families, holiday baking, and cozy restaurants serving Christmas lunch specials. Enjoy readings and crafts, short films, and unique local crafts and gifts.
- Student dancers from Fleetwood Dance Studio on stage at the Simcoe Street Theatre in the morning 10am to 11am – FREE
- Gingerbread decorating, 11am to 2pm and healthy snack ideas 2 – 3pm at Farm to Table Store -FREE
- Simcoe Street Books will be hosting children’s story-time and crafts at 11pm – FREE
- Creemore Coffee Studio will be featuring Christmas lunch specials and holiday baking
- Visit the April in Charlevoix Quebec exhibit in the Press Room Gallery and the Mezzanine Studio, both at 65 Simcoe Street
- Enjoy some fine Mulled wine and German sausage around the open fire on the patio at the Tremont Café
- Tremont Studios will be holding an open house – a great time to meet all the artists and visit their studios.
- Watch some great Canadian short films presented by the NFB at the Simcoe Street Theatre 12:30 pm- FREE
- Simcoe Street Theatre will feature a special live show with BUBKUS the clown at 3pm – Tickets available at Simcoe Street Books and at the door ($15 adults, $10 kids)
For more information visit Christmas Magic on Simcoe Street
Santa Claus Parade. At 5:00 p.m. the annual Santa Claus parade makes it way north along Hurontario Street from Hume to First Street. The parade will feature floats and music, highlighting the joys of Christmas and Collingwood’s rich history. The Parade will finish with Santa arriving in his very special sleigh. Following the parade is the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and fireworks.
For the full schedule and map of where all the activities happen, visit: http://www.collingwooddowntown.com
Blue Mountain Foundation for the Arts – Winter’s Gift
- Nov 8th through Dec 31st
- 163 Hurontario St., Collingwood
Perhaps the BMFA’s most popular event, enjoyed by artists, members and the general public alike. It gives the artists and artisans an annual opportunity to showcase their work during the holiday season, and it gives the public a chance to buy original gifts from a wide range of talented artists including pottery, jewellery, woodwork, glassware, textiles, clothing, painting and metal work. Call 705-445-3430 or visit www.bmfa.on.ca for more information.
Liona Boyd – A Winter Fantasy with Special Guest Andrew Dolson
- Thursday, November 30th – 7:30 PM
- Gayety Theatre, 161 Hurontario St, Collingwood
Together with her accompanist, talented vocalist, guitarist and model, Andrew Dolson, Liona performs her timeless collection on an intimate stage for one night only! Tickets are $37 and are available online at www.gayetytheatre.com
The Sound Investment Community Choir presents “Tis The Season”
- Saturday Dec 9th – 7:30 PM
- Collingwood Collegiate Institute – 6 Cameron St, Collingwood
The Sound Investment Community Choir invites you to celebrate the Christmas season with “Tis The Season”. Your Christmas favourites sung by a 45 member choir and accompanied by a 25 piece band of local musicians. Directed by Aaron Bell and accompanied by Keiko Yoden-Kuepfer on piano and special guests The Orillia Silver Band. A great way to get into the spirit of Christmas!
Tickets $20 each, available at Clerkson’s Home Store, Collingwood – Curiosity House Books, Creemore or call Jill at 705-293-0573.
Visit www.soundinvestment.ca for more information.
Theatre Collingwood Presents Patricia O’Callaghan & Friends
- Wednesday, December 20th – 7:30 PM
- New Life Church, Collingwood
To celebrate the holiday season, Patricia O’Callaghan, has carefully selected an evening of enchanted songs. Patricia has included special guests Craig Ashton, Kevin fox, Lori Gemmell and Katherine Hill
Visit www.theatrecollingwood.ca for more information or call 705-445-2200
Collingwood Frozen In Time Festival
- Thursday December 28th through Saturday December 30th
- Various locations throughout downtown Collingwood
Winter turns Ontario into the land of ice and snow, and here in the snowbelt we use the cold weather to create works of art. Admire the stunning and unique ice sculptures all around Downtown Collingwood. There will also be live carving demonstrations and battles of the chainsaws carve-off competitions! Bring the whole family down to the Winter Wonderland Village for a series of all-ages events to keep Jack Frost at bay. Enjoy arts & crafts, ice block building and ice games, snowshoeing and so much more! We even have a cozy Cocoa Cabin and Fireside Family Lounge for anyone looking to curl up by a fire and relax the year away. In the evening, take a walking tour of the historic Downtown core and view the sculptures lit up. Don’t forget to take your kids on a free wagon ride and NEW this year is a giant double ice slide.
Visit www.frozenintimefestival.visitsouthgeorgianbay.ca for more information.
Thornbury Christmas & Winter Holiday Events
Scenic Caves Nordic Centre
- Dec 1– Dec 23
- 260 Scenic Caves Rd., The Blue Mountains
Enjoy the outdoors in a spectacular winter playground at the highest point of the Niagara Escarpment set in a UNESCO biosphere reserve. Passes may be used seven days a week for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing until March 26, 2018. Visit www.sceniccaves.com/activities/nordic-centre for more information.
MSC Unique Christmas Gift Show
- Saturday Dec 2nd 9:30am – 2:30pm
- Marsh Street Centre, 187 Marsh St., Clarksburg
“Come join us to see what Christmas has to offer!” Artisans, crafts and one of a kind gift items. Cookies sold by the pound at the Cookie Bar, refreshments and treats available. Admission is free.
Call 519-599-7837 for more information or visit www.marshstreetcentre.com
Thornbury’s “Olde Fashioned Christmas”
- Saturday December 9th begins at 10:00am
- Various locations throughout Downtown Thornbury
The Thornbury Olde Fashioned Christmas is a highlight for both our local community and those who join us from across Ontario and beyond. Join us as we kick off the holiday season with activities and excitement for the whole family. Start your holiday shopping at our local stores. Watch as the town tree is lit. Visit with the reindeer-in-training and tell Santa your Christmas wishes. Stroll through our historic main street and see the beautifully decorated windows and shop interiors, have a delicious meal at one of our outstanding restaurants and discover why Thornbury is know for it’s warm welcome and special charm. Visit www.oldefashionedchristmas.com for a full list of activities and times.
- Sunday December 11th 3:00pm
- Grace United Church – 140 Bruce St. S., Thornbury
Join us for a ‘Community Carolfest’, an afternoon of songs, anthems and carols, with singers and musicians from neighbouring churches and the community. Admission is a freewill offering and non-perishable food items, with all donations going to BVO. Please call Grace United Church at 519-599-2438 for more information.
Blue Mountain Village Christmas & Winter Holiday Events
Blue Mountain Christmas Gift Show
- Saturday November 25th – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday November 26th – 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Blue Mountain Resort – Village Conference Center
This vibrant, fun marketplace will be sure to celebrate the holiday season in style – enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of Christmas! Over 100 vendors bringing great gift shopping ideas all under one roof; featuring artisans, crafters, jewelry, décor, body & wellness products, tasty treats and much more.
Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
Jingles and Joy
- Friday December 1st through Saturday January 6th
- Blue Mountain Village, 156 Jozo Weider Blvd, The Blue Mountains
Create lasting memories at Blue Mountain Village this holiday season with thousands of twinkling lights, festive decorations, and family-friendly entertainment. Experience the holidays the way they were meant to be in Ontario’s largest pedestrian village. Visit Santa at the Bandstand, enjoy a horse and wagon ride or get your groove on with outdoor dance sessions and then enjoy a delicious meal at one of the fine restaurants in the village. The picturesque village is the perfect backdrop for you to shop, dine and play this Christmas! Note: extended shopping hours apply from Dec 17th through 23rd and holiday hours apply from Dec 24th through January 2nd.
See www.bluemountainvillageca/jingles for full details.